Thursday, December 07, 2006

Scissor Sisters!! (Review)


Scissor Sisters are one of those flourishing new bands that nowadays fill our stereos and MP3 players with an unforeseen amusement so that you can’t ‘erase’ them from your mind (especially because of their peculiar name).

Released on the 18th September 2006, Scissor Sisters’ second album (called Ta-Dah) immediately reached Top 10 in the UK thanks to the main single I Don’t Feel like Dancing.

This new song became famous for its curious rhythm, being a mix of glam rock, psychedelia and disco. Nevertheless, we cannot forget the significant role of its special guest; Sir Elton John teamed up with Scissor Sisters not only as co-writer but also pianist.

The lyrics tell us the story of a man that prefers to stay at home rather than having fun… but that, simultaneously, is a bit envious of his friends… or even girlfriend (which is evidently proved when catchy verses like “Rather be home with no one when I can't get down with you”, “My heart could take a chance, but my two feet can't find a way” or “Looks like magic's solely yours tonight” echo as these four minutes and thirty seconds of pure delight go by.
If you watch its music video carefully, you’ll take in that there is a clear reference to some ancient films, in which the elements of the band itself are the actors.
However, it is said that I Don’t Feel Like Dancing resembles somehow Leo Sayer's hit You Make Me Feel Like Dancing (1970’s) due to the use of falsetto vocals.

Overall: a splendid tune characterised by its hilarious yet creative style and, once you listen to it, you literally ‘feel like dancing’.

4 comments:

Silvia Brito said...

Hey Girl,I can see that you really do like Scissors Sisters...Thanks 4 introducing this new band,I really enjoy their music that you told me to download "I don´t feel like dancing"...Despite what the lyric says,it does make you wanna dance!!!
(",)Bjs

RLS said...

Yes, Silvia is right, their new single is really cool!
Good choice!

WERT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WERT said...

Yeah, thank you both! :D

I really like this song, even though I'm not as addicted to it now as much as I was, like, a month ago! ;P