Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Story in Winter

It is hot! Oops, it is a winter’s story, isn’t it? So, it is cold.
Christmas is getting close and I have decided to visit my mother and all my family in Bohemia. It takes ten hours to arrive there by train… and this awful weather doesn’t help. But suddenly, something ‘heats’ me a little…


“Good morning, Miss…?”
“Margaret Smith, and I’m not Miss…”
“Oh… It’s cold here, isn’t it?”
“Maybe, but it will be hotter if you keep on flirting with me!”

And unexpectedly... A man shows up... her fat, ugly husband (I suppose)!

"Are you fine, dear?"
he says, looking furiously at me.
"Don’t worry my dear brother...this gentleman will not bother you anymore!"
“Ah-ha! So he is your brother, eh? If so, I dare you to a sword duel!” said I with the security of a young boy of eighteen who doesn't have the notion of danger at all…
"A duel? Do you know who I am?"
"No, why? Should I know?"
"Of course! I'm the well-known Smith, Peter Smith!"

And that's when the duel starts...and now, I already know why that ugly man is known...

This so-called Peter Smith was a tough adversary... Tougher than I thought, indeed...
But that could also have a good side... the lady's concern.
I don't know how or why... I just know that today we're together in Bohemia, near my mum's house... Me incapable of walking and she taking care of me (but Margaret is not too happy about it).

Perhaps this 'beautiful woman of the train' who is here with me feels guilty for her brother's actions... poor her... but good for me!

Written By:
Me (Joana Silva)
Raquel Alecrim (ripatasirana.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

AR said...

An excellent idea to include a joint a piece of joint writing. How about some more pieces of writing?
A title mayber: One day it all changed
Allyson

WERT said...

Yes, like a certain cartoon character said once: "When things work bad, teamwork's the answer!"

And I totally agree with him! :)